The Ballinger Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
This position is assigned to patrol duty and works under the supervision of the Chief of Police and designated supervisors. Performs general duty police work in protecting and serving the community and properly enforcing laws and ordinances.
Principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs patrol duties throughout the City of Ballinger in a vehicle, or on foot, recognizing signs of criminal activity, and deterring such activity.
- Conducts initial criminal investigations by securing and controlling crime scenes, locating and interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, and gathering evidence.
- Performs traffic enforcement and accident investigations.
- Makes arrests for violations of law.
- Responds to calls for service, both criminal and non-criminal nature.
- Completes timely written reports that are clear, complete, and concise.
- Assists the public with both criminal and non-criminal matters.
- Performs other duties and fulfills responsibilities as assigned.
Compensation/benefits: Starting salary (depending on experience), Employer-funded health, dental, and vision insurance, TMRS retirement, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be obtained by calling (325) 365-3591 or come by 106 North 9th St, Ballinger, Texas 76821
Pre-Employment Drug Screen and a Medical Physical required.
The City of Ballinger is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-High school diploma or GED.
-Must hold a valid TCOLE Peace Officer License.
-Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with acceptable record.
-Must be able to work any shift, including nights and weekends.
-Must be physically fit to perform functions of a patrol officer.
-Must possess good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
-Must possess problem-solving skills.
-Must pass background investigation and oral interview.
-Must live within reasonable response time from the City of Ballinger.
Printable Information Release – information_release
Printable Personal History Statement – background-pd-application
If printing and mailing information, please send to:
Ballinger Police Department
106 North 9th Street
Ballinger, TX 76821